6 key things to attend at the World Steel Conference
The 22nd CRU World Steel Conference returns to Europe from 16th to 18th March at the Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Dusseldorf. Offering three days of peer-to-peer learning, networking with senior steel executives and exclusive market insights, you can't afford to miss out on any of the following.
Steel Technology readers have a special saving rate of €1,547 - use code STECH1.
- Pre-conference workshop on 16th March looking at:
- China costs and the ability to export
- CO2 costs: impact on marginal/average costs, capacity utilisation
- Cost competitiveness of European steel sector
- CRU cost work and its place in understanding the supply chain
- Site visit organised by thyssenkrupp Steel Europe. The tour will include a visit to the blast furnace No.8, a melt shop, a hot strip mill, application technology centre and the harbour.
- Opening keynote panel discussion - World steel: What are the key challenges and opportunities? featuring Andreas Goss, CEO, thyssenkrupp Steel Europe AG and Carl De Mare, Vice President, Emerging Technologies, ArcelorMittal and Andrea Rocca, CEO Metals Division, Tenova
- Regional sessions on China, Europe and the global economic outlook featuring Igor Sapozhnikov, Market Analyst, Magnitogorsk Iron & Steel Works, Ersun Ozdemirel, Export Manager, Borcelik Celik San.Tic. A.S., Darren O'Riordan, Director, Stemcor and Hans Jurgen Kerkhoff, President, German Steel Federation, Chairman, Steel Institute VDEh.
- Exclusive networking event at the Rhine Tower hosted by thyssenkrupp Steel Europe AG, offering you the chance to meet their CEO and steel executives from many leading organisations.
- Industry sessions covering the outlook for steel in the automotive, infrastructure, white goods, machinery, pipeline and energy sectors featuring Bernhard Osburg, Head of Sales, Automotive, thyssenkrupp Steel Europe AG, Jorgen Nordstjerne Schmidt, Senior Business Developer, Dong Energy and Andrey Shevchenko, Senior Analyst, Interpipe.
The agenda and confirmed speakers are available below.
Register at the special savings rate of €1,547 (+19% VAT)
Save €273 on the final booking rate
In this time of uncertainty you need to keep up-to-date with the latest developments. Register today. Do not forget to use code STECH1 to receive the special saving rate.
I look forward to welcoming you to the conference.
P.S. Considering sending several attendees? Then you should contact us to take advantage of our attractive multiple booking discounts.
Book using special saving code STECH1